Friday, March 13, 2009

Never Settle For Anything Less Than Perfection

I made a decision today. A decision I have thought about many times over the years. It's something I was convinced I never did. But after carefully thinking about my past - mainly this past year - I realized I always made this mistake. A mistake no one should make, a mistake that we should all learn from, a mistake that I vow to never make again. I always settled.

Whether it was a grade in my freshman year biology class or a progression of my life, I always settled. I would, not necessarily happily, accept a grade on a test. I would let myself believe that I have worked the hardest I could and that this is the best I can do. Bullshit. I can do better than this. And if anyone can do it, I can.

I had a conversation with my mom earlier today and she said that I'm way to stressed, that I'm way to angry, and that I need to stop worrying about everything and relax. How can I relax? I have so much to do, so much to learn, so much to give back (probably shouldn't have spent the last few hours on facebook and youtube).

I set high goals for myself and those around me. I think that is what pisses people off the most. I expect too much - not from them, but from myself. I don't want to be average - I've been average all of my life. I wasn't Valedictorian of my high school class and I didn't graduate college with honors. I wasn't hired at an investment bank nor do I drive a Mercedes SLK320.

I'm tired of being average. And so today, I decided, I will not be average and will not accept anything less than sheer perfection. How's this for a start?





There is a pot of gold and its full of sheer perfection - J

No comments:

Post a Comment